12 February 2009

Brrrr!!

In a word: bitter! It's been a treacherous winter! Skin freezes within minutes if you aren't covered. Fingers burn when you try to do simple things like opening your car door or get gas.

The snow banks are piled high & are hard-as-cement. Ice on surfaces isn't even being give a chance to melt, creating the thickest ice I've ever seen! At this point, 20°F would seem balmy.

So, in an attempt to rid my mind of the raging frigidity outside & in honor of my upcoming visit to sunny Florida, I decided to scrap a double page spread using Boom-Di-Ada paper collection remembering a past trip to the Sunshine State!

This is another very simple page requiring little time (just under an hour!) & used very little in the way of supplies. I purchased Level 1 Kit, Level 2 Paper Packet, and The Boom-Di-Ada My Stickease™ Assortment because it was just so cute & bright! Well, I made this double page spread, two altered checkbook covers, a couple of cards & I still have tons of stuff left over.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take pics before I gave the stuff away!

The only thing I did to the right hand page was sew the perimeter of the beach scene photo, cut out (with regular scissors) the flowers in the upper left hand corner & adhered them with foam squares & added the letter stickers. Fast.

The left hand page was slightly more involved, but not much! I had two 4x6 photos that I loved & another 4x6 that I wanted to love. It wasn't pleasingly composed, so I just cropped it. Voila!

I matted the one 4x6 of Jacquie, leaveing a one & a half inch space at the top & sliver around the other three sides. The top is where I put part of the title. I'm a sucker for a gorgeous flower & I found the one on the page at a craft store & I couldn't resist! I took it home & disassembled it, stuck a big brad in it for the center.

The spot I left for journaling (yep... I leave blank spots for that if I can't think of anything at the moment) is simply strips of cardstock that were leftovers from cards that I made.

No comments: