10 January 2009

Simple & Easy

This layout was so simple & quick, it's nearly criminal. Gabby is one of my favorite subjects, and this is what I like to call, her "cueball" period. This poor kid had no hair for like a year!

To create this layout, I used an 8x10 black & white photo that I trimmed to 8x8. I simply mounted that on some black cardstock leaving about a quarter inch mat, in turn mounted that on a very muted patterned paper from the Silhouette Collection (and of course, there was a My Stickease™ tag & border sticker as well!).

Before mounting that on the more bold patterned paper, I used my cutting knife cut some flower flourishes from the center of the paper that would be covered by the photo itself. Waste not, want not! You can see that I used one of the flower flourishes in the upper right corner of the photo.

I lined up where I thought I should place the large photo (this time I chose just about dead center) & lightly made some tic marks on patterned paper with a pencil. Again, I grabbed the trusty cutting knife & this time used it to cut around some flowers that I laid on top of the photo.

After cutting out the flowers & flourishes I wanted to save, I used a border strip from the My Stickease™ Assortment about one third of the way down the page, see it?

Even though it looks like the strip goes all the way across, it's only a couple of inches on each end of the paper. I still have about nine inches left of that strip. Now, I can use that on cards, altered items, & other scrapbook pages!

Note: I did not completely liberate the overlaid flowers from the bottom-most patterened paper, I only cut where the matted photo was going to be.

The foam squares were used to adhere & pop the flowers off the page.

This layout took less than half an hour!

No comments: